Parents Make a Difference!
The Captain’s Society is a member-based organization of Proud Pirate Parents and families that want to financially support outreach efforts of Parent & Family Programs and ECU.
Each year, parents of current East Carolina University students provide generous philanthropic support to enhance student life. The Captain’s Society supports the ECU Parents Fund and provides ECU with valuable resources needed to promote student health and safety, community engagement, and campus connectivity.
From providing alternative break experiences, scholarships, and professional development for students, your gift will make a difference to a variety of students.
The Captain’s Society is a special giving opportunity. The generous support of parents have made a significant impact in helping ECU enhance students’ experiences through the Parents Fund.
The Parents Fund focuses on three main areas of support:
- Scholarship Program: Across campus, many students need financial assistance. The Parents Fund annually supports student scholarships and grants across campus. Your gift will ensure that students and families will spend less time worrying and more time succeeding inside and outside of the classroom.
- Grant Program: The grant program is open to colleges, departments, and student organizations that need support for an activity or project that promotes education, leadership, health, safety, and campus connectivity.
- Discretionary Fund: Funds allow the Office of Parent & Family Programs to respond to issues impacting parents and families as they arise. These funds ensure that worthwhile experiences for ECU parents and families continue to take place.
Membership and Benefits
Captain’s Society membership is a $100 gift to the Parents Fund made annually. Memberships are open to all parents and supporters of ECU undergraduate students. The 2023-2024 membership year is June 1, 2023 through May 31st, 2024.
Captain’s Society benefits include:
- Opportunity to support student success across campus
- “Proud Pirate Parent” gift
- Annual Parents Fund Grant Program impact report
- Invitation to exclusive Family Weekend event
- Priority seating for four at the University Commencement Ceremony once you have reached the $400 giving level (maintaining your $100 membership each year)